July 2010 - George G.
Sharp, Inc. completes design of a double-hull fuel barge for NYCDOT that
will be used to fuel the Staten Island Ferries.
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard (USCG),
Awards $617,000.00 follow on Task Order in association with contract
HSCG23-06-A-MSC143 to George G. Sharp Inc., of Alexandria, VA. SHARP will
continue to Provide Engineering and Technical Support Services to the
Marine Safety Center Vessel Design Plan Review Program.
- George G. Sharp, Inc. participates in the launch of the new Staten
Island Ferry for the City of New York. The first of three Sharp-designed
ferries is christened and launched in Marinette, Wisconsin. Click here for details.
- SHARP wins the re-award of the "AIT-East" contract for
NSWCCD-SSES in Philadelphia. This five year contract is for engineering
technical and logistics services, staging facility and support services.
The total value of this contract over 5 years is almost $30M.
- George G. Sharp, Inc. Washington Office Quality System has been
approved to the new ISO 9001:2000 standard for Engineering Services.
- TITAN Corporation team (including SHARP) wins Naval Shipyard Support
office (NAVSHIPSO) Engineering and technical Support contract.
- SHARP wins re-award of management of Naval Inactive Ship Maintenance
Facility Bremerton WA.
- Littoral Control Ship (LCS) Concept Study: SHARP was awarded one of the
six Littoral Control Ship (LCS) Concept Study contracts as a member of a
team with Textron Systems, Bell Helicopter Textron, and Lockheed Martin
- SHARP won a contract for support of the Aegis Training & Readiness
Center in Dahlgren, VA, as it transitions under the Navyís revolution in
- SHARP won the re-award for support to NAVSEAís safety code for the
management of the mishap and lessons learned database.
- SHARP won the Department of Interior Minerals Management Service
contracts for Hull, Mechanical, and Electrical services; heating,
ventilation and air conditioning services, and habitability repair and
modernization services for vessels of the U.S. Government.
- SHARP Opens an office in Marinette, Wisconsin to oversee construction
of the Staten Island Ferry.
May 2002 - SHARP asked to brief the American Society of
Civil Engineers Transportation Infrastructure Security committee. [Adobe Acrobat version (.pdf)]
- Coast Guard FMS Contract Award: SHARP has won the US Coast Guardís
Foreign Military Sales support contract as a member of a team with VSE
Corporation, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Potomac Management Group.
January 2002 - DDG SDM Program Support Re-Award: The Task Order
for SHARP's continued support of the DDG Ship Design Manager was awarded
under the CSC NAVSEA MAC. This is SHARP's 15th year supporting this
January 2002 - Surface Combatant Ship Preservation Contract: SHARP
has won the Surface Combatant Ship Preservation Contract in San Diego as
a member of the Naval Coating Inc. Team.
December 2001 - SHARP becomes a full service HVAC engineering and
lifecycle support provider by adding Viledon and Tri-Dem Filters to our Professional Engineering Services GSA Schedule.