G. Sharp, Inc. has provided over twenty years of Information Support to
the U.S. Navy. During these twenty years, SHARP has supplied help desk
management, network design, database development and maintenance, and web site
development and maintenance to support NAVSEA. SHARP has experience installing
and supporting Novell Netware 3.x, Novell Netware 4.x, Windows NT 4.0 and
Windows 2000 in a mixed environment.
IT has not focused solely on the military LANís that SHARP has designed and
maintained; the team has also developed web pages, corporate CDís and multimedia
presentations for itself and a dozen different customers. SHARP IT designed and
supports Corporate Intranets and has web enabled and secured several databases
to support our clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Design, Install, and Maintain Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks.
- Plan, Install, and Maintain Network Equipment (printers, routers, hubs, etc.)
- Plan, Install, and Maintain Novell and Windows Network Operating Systems.
- Plan and conduct Network Operating System upgrades and migrations.
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of network services.
- Create and Maintain documentation required to plan and operate a network system.
Help Desk Support
- Trouble-shoot and analyze user problems.
- Prepare a Concept of Operations for supporting both hardware and software.
- Test, Configure and Install New Equipment.
- Plan and evaluate new products and new versions of software.
- Identify and isolate faulty network equipment. Repair and replace faulty
equipment. Document maintenance.
- Inspect and test received equipment.
- Conduct Interviews and Surveys to assess user satisfaction.
- Plan and design the database structure for maximum user and maintainer
- Plan and Perform the conversion, and normalization of legacy databases to
modern database systems.
- Plan, Create, and Maintain custom database programs.
Systems Analysis and Design
- Analyze the functional needs of the customer against a proposed system.
- Perform detailed requirements analysis for projects.
- Program, test and install new data systems.
- Modernize existing data systems.
- Conduct training for users on network configuration, policies, and use.
- Conduct training on the use of standard and specialized programs and
- Large and Small conference rooms available for teleconferencing use.
Website Design & Support
- Design, maintain, and host corporate websites.
- Professional, visually impressive designs using the latest technology.
Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
- Create new drawings from sketches
- Update existing drawings from mark-ups
- Naval Sea Systems Command
- Military Sea Lift Command
- EMS Marcon
- Port Authority of New York / New Jersey
For more information click to e-mail or call: